Dr. Keshav Singhal
MS (Orth), FRCS (London), M.Ch (Orth) Liverpool
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, U.K.
Chair - BAPIO (Wales) – British association of Physicians of Indian origin
Trustee - National Museums of Wales
Managing Director - 10 Healthcare Ltd.
Board Member - Hendre Group Ltd., Bridgend Care and Repair
Director - Pratham Shiksha (NGO providing free education to poor in Jaipur, India)
Chair - BONE fund (Bridgend Orthopaedic education fund for nurses)
Founder Secretary - INJAS trust (UK registered Charity providing medical relief in India)
Fellow - Royal College of Surgeons of England, British Orthopaedic Association
Fellowship - AO International
Member - UK Scientific Advisory committee on less lethal weapons
Dr. Singhal was born in Gwalior, India and did his medicine and specialisation in Orthopaedics from the Gajra Raja Medical College in 1986, followed by higher training in the UK. In 1996, he was appointed as Orthopaedic Consultant in Bridgend, South Wales and is the Senior Orthopaedic Surgeon there. In addition to striving for professional excellence, he has always worked for the community and disadvantaged sections of the society and has been a tireless advocate of Indian arts, culture and values in the UK.
Promoting India & Indian Community in Wales :
- Chairman India Centre Cardiff 2008-2010
- President India Centre Cardiff 2010-2012
Worked towards increasing bilateral ties between Wales and India organising the visit of various highly placed Indian dignitaries to Cardiff including the Chief Justice of Supreme Court of India and various Union ministers. Other notable dignitaries include HH Shankaracharrya, Anandmayi Guru Maa, Shri Shri 2008 Tridandi Chinnaswami, Padma Shri Sonal Mansingh , Ranjana Gauhar, Geeta Chandran, Padmaja Phenani and Vidha Lal.
- Opening of Indian Visa centre in Cardiff in 2009 leading to fourfold increase in tourism from Wales to India.
- Commenced Nehru Lecture series, 2009. Three highly successful lectures held so far by Lord Bhikhu Parekh, Lord Bhattacharrya and Dr. Abhishek Singhvi MP which opened the Welsh public to India and its progress and are regularly attended Minister of Wales and other prominent citizens.
- Started Indian Independence Day celebrations in Cardiff Country Council in 2008 and onwards.
- Member organising committee for International Hindi Sammelan Birmingham, 2011
o Organised World Hindi Day in Cardiff in 2009/10/11
o Awarded by Indian High Commissioner for Propagation of Hindi in UK 2010.
o Organised Retrospective of Sharmila Tagore's Films in Wales 2010
o Organised four International Kavi Sammelans 2009 onwards.
- Organised 2 Sufi Music Concerts of famous Sufi singer Mrs. Anita Singhvi 2008/11
- Member Spiritual Capital-Cardiff to promote inter religious peace and tolerance
- Organised over 100 Indian Arts and Cultural Events over the last 10 years to promote India in Wales and UK.
- First Asian to be appointed as Trustee of National Museums of Wales
- Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with International reputation. Specialist in Hip and Knee replacements and sports injuries.
- Has devised & invented Patented Instruments for worldwide use. This followed ground breaking research in hip biomechanics which resulted in presentation of 50 papers worldwide.
- Hip unit recognised as a Global Centre of Excellence for Hip surgery, where over 100 International surgeons have been trained in Hip surgery.
- The British Orthopaedic Association awards “The Singhal Travelling Fellowship” every year to a bright trainee surgeon.
- Founder Chairman of the British Association of Physicians of Indian Origin, Wales.
Charitable and Community Work:
Noted for philanthropic work and promotion of Indian arts and culture
- Board member “ Care and repair” a charity providing home care and modifications to elderly patients and residents in the Bridgend area.
- UK Director of Pratham Shiksha, a Jaipur based NGO.
- Founder Secretary of INJAS trust a registered UK based charity which has been conducting medical aid camps in India since 1995.
- First Indian or Asian to be honoured by the Welsh Government by an appointment as Trustee to the National Museums of Wales in 2010.
- Board Member of Hendre Group Ltd.
- Chair Bone Fund which provides further education and training opportunities to nurses.
- Organised the first ever Hip Walk in Bro-Morgannwg raising thousands of pounds for patient education and orthopaedic research.
For his social, charitable activities and services to the Indian and Welsh communities, he was appointed by the Queen as “ Member of the most excellent order of the British Empire” (MBE).
- Nizar Juma
- H. H. Vishwaguru Mahamandaleshwar Paramhans
- Mangal Prabhat Lodha
- Justice Mrs. Gyan Sudha Misra
- Dr. Santrupt B. Misra
- Robin Raina
- Mayank Pareek
- Rakesh Kumar Shukla
- Piyush Pandey
- Vimal Kumar Sharma
- Munish Gupta
- Dr. Nandita Palshetkar
- Late Sh. Munnu Kasliwal
- Dr. Keshav Singhal
- DR. Diwakar Sukul
- Pt. Mukesh Bhardwaj
- Ravi Shankar Pujari
- Radhey Sharan Khandelwal
- RoopaRam Meghwal
- Vijay Goel
- Vijay Bhaskar
- Dr. Rajeev Gupta
- Himanshu Kumar
- Gajanand Gupta
- Shashank Pande