Robin Raina is one of the few business folks whose leadership in business circles and social philanthropy both is an example that is hard to follow. In spite of running a very successful business enterprise, he has dedicated his life to public service.
He also has produced a Documentary film, Dilli that went to the finals of 73rd international film festivals while winning top awards at 23 international film festivals.
On the business front, Robin is known as one of the towering figures in the US insurance industry. Over the years, the Company has been named by Fortune and Forbes magazine both amongst the fastest growing Companies in the world.
Robin is equally well known in charity circles worldwide for Robin Raina Foundation (RRF), www.rainafoundation.com a charity initiative that today supports thousands of children across the world, in terms of their education, food, shelter and medical needs. The foundation is presently carrying out the largest private charity home building initiative in the Indian sub-continent, in terms of building 6000 homes, free of cost, for the underprivileged slum dwellers of Delhi.
Along the way, Robin has been strongly recognized for his untiring work by the analysts, media – print and television, award committees etc. Under Robin's leadership, the company has delivered one of the highest returns on shareholder investment, in recent US stock market history.
A few examples are as follows :
- Fortune magazine recently rated Ebix as the 3rd fastest growing company and the 2nd best investment in the world.
- Forbes magazine recently rated the Company as the 6th fastest growing technology
- Atlanta Business Chronicle has ranked him as the no. 1 CEO in Georgia, in terms of performance, for an unprecedented two years in the running
- Robin has received the prestigious South Asian Excellence Award by Sony TV for the Personality of the Year
- He has been named by TIE as the Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Atlanta Journal Constitution magazine has rated his company as the 2nd Best Company in Georgia.
- Georgia Trend Magazine has rated Ebix as the No. 1 Fastest Growing Large-Middle Market Company in Georgia.
- He has been featured and interviewed for numerous stories in business magazines ranging from PC magazine, PC world, Industry Standard, Computer World, CIO, CFO, Reuters etc.
- He has been featured in many stories in the world wide press on him ranging from AFP, Reuters, Atlanta Journal Constitution, CIO Magazine, CFO Magazine, San Francisco Chronicle, Crain's Weekly, India Today, Business World, Times of India,etc.
Excellence in Charity
He is known for his catchy statement about charity - "I want to make charity fashionable and cool." A philanthropist, Robin Raina has emerged as the voice of the have-nots worldwide with his single-minded dedication to providing hope to the under privileged sections of the society. Today, his foundation has sponsored in excess of 4000 children across the Indian sub continent in addition to presently carrying out the largest private charity initiative in the Indian sub-continent, in terms of building 6000 homes free of cost for the underprivileged.
He started the Robin Raina Foundation (RRF), www.rainafoundation.com that today supports thousands of children in India, in terms of their education, food, shelter and medical needs. He recently conceptualized and started a Rs. 100 crore ($20 million) project to build 6000 concrete homes for slum dwellers in Bawana in North Eastern Delhi.
He has made efforts to make charity a household name in the South Asian Community in the United States through his efforts and leading by example. His continuous efforts have channelized the efforts of thousands of people around the world (People of South Asian descent, Americans, French, Aussies, New Zealand, UK, Hong Kong, China, Canada etc). who today are sponsoring under-privileged children, in terms of their education, shelter, food and medical needs through the Robin Raina Foundation.
Some of the Robin Raina Foundation (RRF) initiatives are as under:
RRF Slum Home Project, Raina-Prayas School, Raina-Shine School, Raina–Prayas Self Help Group, RRF Empowerment Program, Blind Aid Project (For Boys),Servants of People Society Med-Aid Project, The Robin Raina Charitable Trust.
UDAAN, UDAAN GHAR
UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA
Disha, Sikanderpura Kakori village, Hapur district, Disha, Hoshiarpur Garhi village, Hapur district.
Cancer Treatment Ward No. 224 at Shaukat Khannum Cancer Hospital
Tsunami Aid Project
CHICAGO, ATLANTA, MUMBAI
RRF has made ad-hoc donations to a number of causes around the world including some laid down below that involved contributing towards the treatment of children suffering from cancer of varied kinds.
- Nizar Juma
- H. H. Vishwaguru Mahamandaleshwar Paramhans
- Mangal Prabhat Lodha
- Justice Mrs. Gyan Sudha Misra
- Dr. Santrupt B. Misra
- Robin Raina
- Mayank Pareek
- Rakesh Kumar Shukla
- Piyush Pandey
- Vimal Kumar Sharma
- Munish Gupta
- Dr. Nandita Palshetkar
- Late Sh. Munnu Kasliwal
- Dr. Keshav Singhal
- DR. Diwakar Sukul
- Pt. Mukesh Bhardwaj
- Ravi Shankar Pujari
- Radhey Sharan Khandelwal
- RoopaRam Meghwal
- Vijay Goel
- Vijay Bhaskar
- Dr. Rajeev Gupta
- Himanshu Kumar
- Gajanand Gupta
- Shashank Pande