Ex Chief Engineer, PHED
Shri Rooparam was born on April 11, 1955. He completed his BE (Civil Engineering) from MBM Engineering College, Jodhpur. He served as Chief Engineer (Special Project Department) in Public Health Engineering Department. He has been socially active and done a lot of community work for the welfare of the society, through which he has earned a lot of respect throughout the nation.
Social Activities & Community Work :
• In Sriganganagar and Jaisalmer, Shri Goparam organized multiple camps for andicapped & disabled people and were provided with the facilities.
• As a member of Lions Club, Jaisalmer he has been actively involved in organizing many creative activities.
• Currently, Shri Rooparam is the President of Meghwal Samaj Sudhar and Vikas Samiti, Jaisalmer (established in 1998). This Samiti has seen raising bars in the department of Education, Health, Development and Law headed by their respective departmental heads.
• Vice President of Indian Handball Federation
• Chairman of Rajasthan State Tennikoit Union
• District Chairman of District Basketball League, Jaisalmer
• In 2005, Shri Rooparam was appointed as the Manager of Senior Girls' Indian Basketball
team. The team bagged a Gold medal in the International Invitation Cup, Thailand under his surveillance.
• From 2005 to 2007, he was the President of Jaisalmer Basketball League. During this period, he organized 3 state level and 1 national level basketball competition, and also organized 3 coaching camps of Indian team.
• From 27th – 30th October 2012, he organized 27th Male-Female Hand ball Federation Cup, in which 10 male and 9 female teams participated. Rajasthan hosted this competition after a long period of 15 years.
• He was awarded with Rajiv Gandhi Global Excellence Award in September, 2012 for incessantly working for the upliftment of helpless and physically disabled (social), and for excellent work done in the education field, games and sports and different governmental schemes.
• From 16/01/2012 to 06/11/2013 Shri Ruparam was posted as Chief Engineer PHED, in this duration he completed a number of government schemes related programmes and camps. In this period, around Rs. 20000 crore were approved by systematic reservation and financial management of water of Indira Gandhi canal, Chambal river, Narmada canal, Bisalpur dam and Jawai dam. Around 95% approved schemes were started quickly and many schemes were completed and people were provided with clean drinking water.
- Nizar Juma
- H. H. Vishwaguru Mahamandaleshwar Paramhans
- Mangal Prabhat Lodha
- Justice Mrs. Gyan Sudha Misra
- Dr. Santrupt B. Misra
- Robin Raina
- Mayank Pareek
- Rakesh Kumar Shukla
- Piyush Pandey
- Vimal Kumar Sharma
- Munish Gupta
- Dr. Nandita Palshetkar
- Late Sh. Munnu Kasliwal
- Dr. Keshav Singhal
- DR. Diwakar Sukul
- Pt. Mukesh Bhardwaj
- Ravi Shankar Pujari
- Radhey Sharan Khandelwal
- RoopaRam Meghwal
- Vijay Goel
- Vijay Bhaskar
- Dr. Rajeev Gupta
- Himanshu Kumar
- Gajanand Gupta
- Shashank Pande